Sunday, August 2, 2009

August 2, 2009

Craters of the Moon

Craters of the Moon National Monument is located 18 miles southwest of Arco.  Evidence of several types of volcanic activity is found in the park.  We did the driving tour, several walking tours, climbed a cinder dome, and went in to some lava caves.  Pretty much took up the morning. 

Here is a small part of the views from atop the cinder dome we climbed.

One lava field.  There are many different types in the park.

Back to campground to do a few sewing projects.  While that was happening I decided to wash the windshield on the carbus.  This is not a major operation but it is not your simple 30 second event either.  While I was doing that the RV park owner happened by.  I mentioned that I needed to find a place to wash the whole RV as it was looking pretty shabby.  She said that I could do it right there.  Would help water the grass.  Very nice of her.  So I did just that.  Washed the carbus and the car and watered some grass.  Tomorrow we head south and west and then south and east.



No comments:

Post a Comment