Tuesday, March 24, 2009

March 24, 2009

Odds and ends

Yesterday I took GV to CarMax to check on oil leak. They found lots of oil and a damaged oil filter. They cleaned off oil and replaced filter. Hope that takes care of things. We went back down to Roseville to get some stuff mom wanted. One stop was Costco. Since we were there we signed up for data plan with Verizon. One more item off the list. At home I plugged in the modem (same size as memory stick) after loading drivers and was on internet very quickly. Did same thing on moms laptop with same success. Today I hooked modem to Cradlepoint router to try out wireless. Had some problems getting router to function but after a number of resets and trying 'things' it finally it started to work and mom and I connected wirelessly to internet. Now all we need is a remote desert.


I added a second light pigtail to bypass diodes that were installed with tow package. Now I can pass light signal from RV to auxillary lights if needed.

Installed laptop desk in GV also. A little tight but should be OK for side trip navigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment