Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Oct. 21, 2013

Driving Through Wow!

Today we left Colorado and drove along I 70 through eastern Utah. 

I spoke in an earlier blog from New England about wondering how a sight could be more fantastic and then going over a hill or around a corner to find out it could.  Driving eastern Utah is the same.  And, it is there all year long.  Not seasonal.  There are trees in various stages of color but here it is all about the land itself.  Constantly changing spectacular landscapes and vistas.  Enhanced by time of year in that sun is lower in sky and casts shadows even at mid day.  I enjoy driving US 50 across Nevada because it is a pretty and varied drive (even if it is ‘lonely’).  Driving west on I 70 through Utah beats it I think.  (Better experience east to west if you can choose.) 

I-70 UtahI-70 Utah, Green RiverI-70 UtahI-70 Utah,San Rafael ReefI-70 Utah,San Rafael ReefI-70 Utah, Black DragonI-70I-70, sandstoneI-70 Utah, SandstoneI-70 UtahI-70, UtahI-70 UtahI-70 Utah, Salt WashI-70 Utah, Salt WashI-70 UtahI-70 Utah



No comments:

Post a Comment